Outdoor Ice Rinks
1/15/2021: The warming houses at Neill Park, North River Hills and Paha Sapa will be open tonight. Please note: the ice condition is poor at this time.
Warming houses at Neill Park, North River Hills and Paha Sapa are typically open and staffed during the following hours, weather permitting:
- Monday-Friday, 4-9 p.m.
- Saturday, 12-9 p.m.
- Sunday, 1-9 p.m.
Warming House Rules:
- Maximum limit of 8 people inside the warming houses
- Limited to 10 minutes or less inside the buildings
- Masks required while inside the buildings
- Maintain a distance of 6ft (floor placemats are set up in each building)
- Masks, hand sanitizer, and cleaning wipes will be at each of these sites
Please dress accordingly for the weather. There will be outdoor benches available for skate changing.
Outdoor Rink Lighting:
- Northview and Red Oak will have lights turned on at 4:00pm and turned off at 9:00pm each night.
- Lights at Civic Center, Timberland Knolls, Highland Forest, South River Hills, Vista View, Terrace Oaks East, and Knob Hill can be turned on by a push button timer and will remain on until 9:30pm.
Simply push the timer button to activate the lights at the above designated parks.
Please visit this page or call the Recreation Weather Hotline at 952-895-4505 throughout the season for updates.
Regular Skating Season
Weather permitting, Burnsville's outdoor ice rinks and warming houses are open from mid-December through mid-February. Burnsville has 13 park locations that offer outdoor skating. Warming houses are located at 12 sites (West Buck Hill offers a pleasure rink only).
Warming houses will close when temperatures and/or wind chill reach -19 degrees. Weather-related updates will be posted on this page and on the weather hotline at 952-895-4505.
Outdoor Skating Sites
Rink and Warming House Hours
*Please see the above rink status notice regarding the current state of rinks and warming houses.
When warming houses open for the season, the following hours apply.
Rinks are open for skating (weather permitting) during regular park hours (5 a.m. to 10 p.m.). Rink lights are on, warming houses are open and the facilities are supervised by City staff ONLY during specified hours.
Warming House Regular Hours
|Day||Hours of Operation|
|Monday - Friday*||4 - 9 p.m.|
|Saturday*||Noon - 9 p.m.|
|Sunday*||1 - 9 p.m.|
*Warming houses at Civic Center Park, Highland Forest Park, Knob Hill Park, South River Hills Park Timberland Knolls Park and Vista View Park close at 8 p.m.
Rink Snow Removal
During a snow fall, rinks are cleared as quickly as possible. Please be patient as snow removal crews have to clear roads, sidewalks and trails as well as rinks. On a weekend with a snow event the staffed outdoor skating rinks will close after one inch of snow has accumulated.
- No hockey or broomball games are allowed unless specified
- Wednesday nights are designated as "Open Hockey" nights and rinks may not be reserved for hockey practices
- View the City's other park rules