How do I start or cancel service?

The Utility Billing Department needs to be notified whenever there is a change in occupancy. When service is canceled a forwarding address needs to be provided. Since the water usage is billed in arrears, a final bill will need to be completed after service is discontinued. Please complete the "Change of Occupancy Form" to provide move in or move out information. Once the change of occupancy form is submitted, Utility Billing staff will use the information provided to set up or cancel service. Please consider your submission as a confirmation of receipt. Utility staff will reach out if there is an issue with the information provided. If for any reason the change of occupancy date changes, please notify Utility Billing as soon as possible at to avoid incorrect billings.

Change of Occupancy Forms

Show All Answers

1. How often will I get a bill?
2. Can I sign up for e-Bills and/or make payments online?
3. Can I make a payment or check my balance by telephone?
4. Do I have to read my water meter?
5. How do I start or cancel service?
6. Will my water be turned off if my bill is overdue?
7. My water usage seems to be increasing. What should I do?
8. Does the City of Burnsville enforce watering restrictions?
9. My water is discolored. What should I do?
10. How hard is the water in Burnsville?
11. Is a customer portal available to monitor my water usage?
12. What are e-Bills?
13. When will I receive my utility e-Bill?
14. How do I set up automatic utility payments?
15. What should I do if I didn't receive my utility e-Bill?